Im delighted to be able to announce that Alan Geddes has agreed that his photographs may be used on NIFerrySite. Alan’s photographs are mainly taken within the Belfast harbour area, and often from an elevated position, giving them a perspective not often seen elsewhere. Alan’s photographs will continue to be added to many of the profiles (and also the former ferries photo feature) in the coming weeks – a number have already been added. In the meantime, why not check out Alan’s Flickr page. Don’t forget you can also find links to the flickr accounts (where applicable) of the other photographers featured on this site on the links page.
New ferries added
The following vessel profiles which where added recently, have had technical data, photographs, and some history added:
The Seacat Isle of Man/Snaefell and Hoverspeed Great Britain pages should be finished in the coming week.
Changes to existing ferry posts
The following vessel profiles have had material added or changed
- European Causeway/European Highlander (additional photographs added).
- Stena Superfast VII/Stena Superfast VIII (additional photographs added).
- Stena Lagan/Stena Mersey (additional photographs added).
- HSC SeaCat Scotland (additional photograph added of her in her final livery).
- HSC SeaCat Danmark (additional pictures added from during her spells in Scandinavia).
- Norbay (engine model information and a North Sea Ferries drawing added).
- Manannan (3 new photographs added. Technical data and history should hopefully be completed next week).
- HSC Express (new operator information added. P&O promotional video also added)
Changes to pages and navigation
- The Former NI Ferries page has had a number of additional pictures added including our first picture of Darnia, and some photos of ferries in Townsend Thoresen colours and the Sealink livery..
- The Occasional Visitors category has been added to the main menu (under The NI Ferry Fleet)
- Almost all posts and pages have now been changed to the newer format.